Skip to product information
1 of 1

LS Merchants

LS Merchants Mataro

Regular price $30.99 AUD
Regular price Sale price $30.99 AUD
Sale Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Mataro or Mourverdrè as it’s also known is usually used in blends but is really coming into as own as a stand alone variety.

Dark cherries and black forest cake on the nose with rich plums and silky smooth tannins on the palate.

Handpicked in the early morning, crushed and 80% destemmed into an open fermenter with the remaining 20% added as whole bunches. Left to rest for three days to help colour soak from the skins. Thereafter hand plunged once a day, in the mornings to ensure minimal tannin extraction with gentle colour extraction. Basket pressed to 50% new French oak and 50% old American oak, matured for 8 months.

Bottled Unfined and unfiltered.